Reverse Osmosis Pretreatment Course Registration
Reverse Osmosis (RO) Pretreatment gives the pretreatment requirements necessary to enable a long life expectancy from the RO membrane elements. It explains how to prevent scale formation, minimize membrane fouling, and how to protect the RO membrane from incompatible substances. It describes how the various pretreatment options are meant to be correctly applied in a manner that is appropriate for the downstream RO system.
This course certifies that the participant has the skills to properly evaluate and optimize the design and operation of RO pretreatment equipment so as to optimize RO performance.
For this course, you will need to pay the tuition and registration fees, and purchase or be able to access the course CD-ROM and the course textbook. Total cost for a new participant is $775.00, plus shipping and sales tax (where appropriate). Those with access to the RO book and course CD only need to pay the tuition of $415.00 (including associated fees). Order below using a credit card or contact CEA (+952-471-0017).
Note: New program participants will be contacted to obtain additional information required for registration at St. Cloud Technical College.
|Course Outcomes and Topics|
2) List the reasons for RO pretreatment and the consequences for its inadequacies
3) Recognize critical design features required in RO pretreatment heat exchangers
4) Provide ways for reducing the potential for RO fouling due to suspended solids
5) Calculate the potential for scale formation in an RO system with/without control methods
6) Give the advantages and disadvantages of acid injection, scale inhibitor injection, and softening when used to prevent scale formation in an RO system
7) Correctly set up an injection system for a given dosage
8) Give the advantages and disadvantages of activated carbon filtration
9) Describe how to economically use cartridge filters in an RO pretreatment system
Reverse Osmosis (RO) Pretreatment contains these topics: Municipal Lime Treatment, Coagulants, Flocculation, Gravity Filtration, Purpose of Pretreatment, Backflow Preventers, Temperature Control, Degasification/Decarbonation, Multimedia Filters, Filter Design, Filter Maintenance, Removal of Iron/Manganese, Microfiltration/Ultrafiltration, Langelier Saturation Index (LSI), Solubility Product Constant, Silica Solubility, Acid Injection, Scale Inhibitors, Anti-foulants, Reducing Agents for Chlorine Removal, Biocide Injection, Ion Exchange and Softening, Softening Capacity, Softener Regeneration, Softener Maintenance, Activated Carbon Media, Chlorine Removal with Activated Carbon, Activated Carbon System Maintenance, Cartridge Filter System Design and Maintenance
Return to CEA home page