Reverse Osmosis Monitoring Course Registration
Reverse Osmosis (RO) Monitoring provides the tools necessary for the detailed tracking of the performance of a reverse osmosis (RO) system. It includes common methods of analysis for key water contaminants. It develops an understanding of the RO operating and performance variables, including how they are calculated and applied. It completes with methods that can be used to break down and characterize RO system performance as a means of monitoring or of analyzing system problems.
This course certifies that the participant has the skills to create RO data collection sheets and can accurately interpret RO monitoring data.
For this course, you will need to pay the tuition and registration fees, and purchase or be able to access the course CD-ROM and the course textbook. Total cost for a new participant is $775.00, plus shipping and sales tax (where appropriate). Those with access to the RO book and course CD only need to pay the tuition of $415.00 (including associated fees). Order below using a credit card or contact CEA (+952-471-0017).
Note: New program participants will be contacted to obtain additional information required for registration at St. Cloud Technical College.
|Course Outcomes and Topics|
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1) Use methods common for predicting reverse osmosis (RO) membrane fouling potential
2) Determine a contaminant concentration using titration and colorimetric methods
3) Recognize the importance of specific contaminants with respect to concerns of fouling or scale formation
4) Employ methods for verifying scale inhibitor injection concentrations
5) Explain pressure from a molecular perspective and describe how it is measured
6) Record the key RO operating variables with accuracy and precision
7) Calculate the normalized RO system performance variables
8) Verify instrument values and calibrations
9) Employ methods for breaking down and characterizing RO system performance
10) Apply methods for analyzing RO system problems
11) Install instruments in a manner that increases output accuracy
TopicsReverse Osmosis (RO) Monitoring contains these topics: Silt Density Index (SDI), Turbidity, Monitoring Chlorine, Monitoring Hardness, Streaming Current Detectors, Monitoring Iron, Manganese, Aluminum, Hydrogen Sulfide, Scale-Forming Anions, and Scale Inhibitors, The Nature of Pressure, Flow Rates, Data Collection, Sampling for pH or Conductivity, Salt Rejection, RO System Pressure Drop, Normalized Pressure Drop, Normalized Permeate Flow Rate, Graphing and Trending, Using a Mass Balance Check, Flow Meter, Pressure Gauge, pH and Conductivity/TDS Meter Calibration, Individual Ion Rejection, Profiling an RO Array, Probing a Pressure Vessel/Housing, Individual Element Testing, Membrane Element Autopsies, and Power and Instrumentation
Return to CEA home page