Reverse Osmosis Cleaning Course Registration
Reverse Osmosis (RO) Cleaning develops an understanding of the chemical nature of cleaning solutions so as to correctly apply them in maximizing RO membrane cleaning effectiveness. It explains how the different cleaning agents work in the removal of common membrane foulants and scale. It then offers methods for correctly cleaning an RO membrane system and evaluating the effectiveness of a cleaning.
This course certifies that the participant has the skills to choose appropriate cleaning formulations and knows to apply them in the creation of RO cleaning procedures.
For this course, you will need to pay the tuition and registration fees, and purchase or be able to access the course CD-ROM and the course textbook. Total cost for a new participant is $775.00, plus shipping and sales tax (where appropriate). Those with access to the RO book and course CD only need to pay the tuition of $415.00 (including associated fees). Order below using a credit card or contact CEA (+952-471-0017).
Note: New HPWT program participants will be contacted to obtain additional information required for registration at St. Cloud Technical College.
|Course Outcomes and Topics|
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1) Understand the roles played by surfactants, chelating agents, and pH in cleaning particular foulants and scale
2) Learn methods for the removal of iron, manganese, biofilm, oil, grease, and carbonate, sulfate, and silica scale
3) Predict the optimum time to clean a reverse osmosis (RO) membrane system
4) Recognize the importance of cleaning solution volume and how to determine it
5) Correctly perform an RO cleaning using optimum pressures, flow rates, & temperature
6) Record the cleaning data necessary to evaluate cleaning procedures
7) Apply procedures for safely returning an RO system to service after a cleaning
8) Understand the issues involved in designing an RO cleaning system
9) Recognize the importance of mixing, temperature control, and filtration in RO cleaning
10) Determine in advance the optimum cleaning solution for a fouled/scaled RO system
TopicsReverse Osmosis (RO) Cleaning contains these topics: Nature of Soap, Cleaning Solutions, Acidic Solutions, Alkaline Solutions, pH Extremes, Surfactants/Detergents, and Chelating Agents, How to Clean Oils and Grease, Biofilm, and Debris, Removing Iron/Manganese, Sulfate Scale, and Silica, Cleaning Frequency, Cleaning Solution Volume, Flow Rates, Pressures, and Cleaning Time, Rinse Up, Cleaning Data Collection, Foaming, Evaluating a Cleaning, Post-cleaning Procedures, Tank and Pump Sizing, Mixing, Temperature Control, Cleaning Filtration, and Individual Element Cleaning
Return to CEA home page